Immigration & Nationality
We provide a wide range of Immigration & Nationality services to individual and employer. In Immigration and Nationality matter, we have expertise in following area:
Immigration & Nationality
(a) Applications and Appeals
(f) Self -Employed
(g) Work Permits
(h) EEA Nationals
(j) Asylum Seekers
(k) Permit Free Visa Etc.
Any type of family or matrimonial problem can be extremely upsetting and stressful. When you are looking for a solicitor you need to choose one who will look after your interests, who you have confidence in and one who has the right expertise.
Divorce itself is usually the simplest part of marriage breakdown. If handled sensibly, it normally passes through by consent. However there are a few issues that need to be carefully handled:
The family law department at BS SINGH & CO SOLICITORS understands the problems and issues involved and will give you the advice you need to get the best outcome.
We offer expertise covering the full range of family and matrimonial issues including relationship breakdown, divorce & separation, property & financial matters, residence & contact, adoption, child matters and injunctions.
Divorce and separation
Preparing & Attesting
The department provides a comprehensive legal service for a growing private client base including:
• Preparing enduring powers of attorney - this is a legal document that enables an individual to appoint others to deal with their property and financial affairs.
• Transfer of property from elderly people to their children - sometimes parents feel that they need to transfer their property to their children. We can advise on whether it will achieve the desired effect.
• Making a will - essential if you wish to decide who should benefit after your death. Guardians may be appointed, provision made forco-habitees, friends, charities and distant relatives, and inheritance tax planning measures incorporated.
• Advice upon the death of someone who has not made a will - there are strict, complex rules on who benefits from the estate of an individual who dies without leaving a will. This is a good reason for making a will.
• Dealing with claims by unmarried partners - to ensure that your partner benefits from your estate after you die, you need to make a will.However, the law does give assistance, in certain circumstances, to co-habitees or dependents in the absence of a will.
• Disputing wills - a will may be challenged where an individual was not capable of understanding their action,came under improper pressure or influence, or where the correct legal procedure was not followed.
• Applications to the Court of Protection - we can assist in an application to the court to appoint someone to look after an incapacitated persons' affairs if they are unable to appoint someone themselves.
Unfair Dismissal ? Redundancy ?
Are you having problems at work?
If so, we can help. We provide confidential, pragmatic and cost effective advice expertly delivered in a straightforward way to both employers and employees and we try to limit the legal jargon to a minimum so you know exactly what is going on.
We are able to deal with all areas of employment law including:
•Drafting – employment contracts, policy and procedural documents
•Discrimination claims including – age, sex, race and disability
•Unfair dismissal claims
•Wrongful Dismissal claims
•Unlawful deductions from wages
•Stress in the workplace
•Bullying and harassment
•Employment tribunal claims
•Maternal and paternal rights
As an employer we can provide you with up to date advice in order to protect the interests of your business and to make sure your policies fall in line with current legislation thus reducing the possibility of a claim being brought against you by an employee.
As an employee we can help you to take the necessary action to change your situation or to receive fair compensation for what has already happened.
In any event we will be pleased to provide initial advice on your prospects of bringing or defending a claim in the Employment Tribunal and may, in some circumstances, be able to fund the case by way of a Conditional Fee Agreement known as ‘no win no fee’. However, this will depend on the circumstances of your case. Or you may have Legal Expense Insurance under a motor or home insurance policy. If you do then this can be used to fund the case at no extra cost to yourself.
We are committed to delivering a high level of service and every member of staff is friendly and approachable, you will be made to feel welcome and relaxed. We also believe it is important to keep you regularly informed as to the progress of your case.
Our flexible and constructive approach to commercial property ensures we can readily meet the aims of our clients. By working with them closely from an early stage, we are able to seek the most efficient and effective means of achieving their objectives.
The department has grown from strength to strength and boasts commercial property specialist who deliver a range of expertise. Our services cover the whole spectrum of commercial property work including:
• Commercial and industrial development
• Acquisitions and disposals
• Landlord and tenant
• Secured lending
• Property management
Our clients include property agents and developers, building contractors, banks, local authorities as well as private and commercial clients.
We are committed to delivering a professional, efficient and friendly service in an increasingly busy and stressful market place. Once instructed as your solicitors we will guide you through all the legal documentation in “no nonsense” language and provide assistance at every stage of the transaction.
We recognise the need for cost effectiveness and are happy to quote fixed price services for the majority of residential matters and will provide a written quotation in the first instance free of charge. Even if you are at the preliminary stage of moving, please contact us for free advice on the moving process.
For more details of a comprehensive range of services including:
• Right to Buy
• Re mortgages
• Transfer of Equity
• Any matter arising from a property transaction